BRANDING STRATEGY - PROJECT 3A

Ashila Putri Sandi (0332938)
Branding Strategies
Project 3A - Cause/ Campaign/ Event Branding



INSTRUCTIONS

The Brief

Cause/Campaign/Event Branding



Duration of Assignment

Week 7 – 13



Deadline

Week 11: E-Brand Book & Applications
Week 12: Brand promotional video

Description

Based on Project 2, you are required to create an e-brand book for your
cause/campaign/event branding. Additionally, you are to apply your branding to at least three
(3) applications (creativity and relevancy is crucial) as well as produce at least three (3)
impression artworks of how your brand will be applied (think customer journey and
engagement). Last but not least, create a brand promotional video that is at least 30 second
but no longer than 1 minute.
Requirements / Submission
1. E-Brand Book
2. Application: at least 3 physical and 3 impression artworks.
3. Brand promotional video (30 ~ 60 seconds video)

Objective
To learn how to deliver brand story & brand message


SUBMISSIONS
E-Brand book

E-book



E-book (Non-Interactive)




Applications

Poster




Fig 1.1 Compilations of Poster

Fig 1.2 Poster Mockup 

Fig 1.3 Poster Mockup 2

Tote bag
Fig 1.4 Tote bag Design

Fig 1.5 Tote bag Mockup

Fig 1.6 Tote bag Mockup 2

Fig 1.7 The Actual Totebag




Installation
Fig 1.8 Installation Mockup

Website 








Fig 1.9 Landing Page Design

Fig 1.10 Website Mockup
Promotional Video









FEEDBACK
Week 7
Brand Book
The sketches were not very clear in terms of the layout and placement, so I needed to redo the layout and start doing on InDesign.

Application
I was not sure about what applications I wanted to produce, but I have sketched for website page, sticker, and already started taking pictures for the campaign. Ms. Lilian told me that the photography looked nice and continue to take more photos.

Week 8
Brand Book
Started the e-brand book. Ms. Lilian wasn't sure about the yellow rectangle shape on the side of the brand book, it did not suit the brand personality. Ms. Lilian wanted me to try another layout.

Application
I started to make the poster layout and Ms. Lilian chose a particular layout for me to go on. Ms. Lilian asked me to do the illustration soon. For the website design, instead of plain color, maybe I should change it to images that I have taken for the campaign.

Week 9
Brand Book
The layout seemed better than before. I put the photography into my brand book and I also started the illustration and Ms. Lilian liked it. She told me to also put the illustrations on the brand book. .

Application
Managed to took more photos for the poster and came up with another tagline. For the tote bag, Ms. Lilian wanted something more reflects the brand image than just a text and logo, and put some illustrations on it. Refine the website icons.

Week 10
Brand Book
Ms. Lilian told me to add more illustration to the brand book. Also, finish all the content of the brand book.

Applications
Ms. Lilian told me to refine the icons to be bolder. Finish all the poster design with the illustrations.

Week 10
Brand Book
For the logo page, I should separate the logo and the information. Also, for the header try a different size and different position.

Applications
Make sure the all the margin for the poster is the same. Moreover, try to change the color of the illustration, use the 4 main colors instead of only white. Start doing the mockup for the applications.

Week 11
Brand Book
Refine some aspects of the brand book, such as the point size and position.

Applications
Started mocking up the application. However, needed to do the website on an actual computer mockup (user interface). For the poster, try to mock onto the wall or bus stop.

Promotional Video
I might want to add the campaign photos into the video (if possible).

Week 12
Brand Book
Change all the typeface to Avenir Book (regular) and for the cover use the fade in for the illustration because it was too crowded. Look out the logo make sure its high quality (try to use jpg, if png does not work). Check the photography page, add white space to the header.

Applications
No feedback for the applications.

Promotional Video
Last page of promotional video -> add the infomation contact



REFLECTION

Experience
Doing branding was really fun, and I enjoyed this project. However, I was not satisfied with my work. I felt like I could do more and better. I was challenging myself to do this smile campaign. Although this semester could be considered as the toughest one, I managed to enjoy all the processes and just get all things done on time. 

Observation
I observed that I was doing pretty well and tracked my time nicely while doing this project. However, I observed that sometimes I got lazy to refine my work. Well actually, after I started, I actually enjoyed the process. Moreover, I should have looked through my classmates' work more often, to give me more inspiration because I got stuck easily when searching for ideas.

Findings
I found out that every student, every designer has their own style. Their identity of design, also their working style. Some people could do their work last minute and got a good design. Some of them needed some time to actually came up with good design. However, this module was about having a consistent visual identity and how we can actually put it on our design, and I learned that it is important to keep our own identity, our own style, but we need to be flexible when it comes to designing, because in the end, we designers will work with a lot of people with different opinions, styles, and perspectives.


Comments

Popular Posts